Security on the High Seas in High Risk Areas
From the beginning of sea travel, piracy has been a threat. And today, complex geopolitical developments are adding new threats.
That’s where HRM comes in – experienced, equipped and effective at protecting shipping in the world’s highest risk areas.
In recent years, piracy has become more sophisticated in terms of tactics and weaponry. In addition, poverty and political instability have fuelled the growth of several High Risk Areas (HRA) and the spread of hit-and-run attacks on the high seas. On top of this, highly dynamic geopolitical tensions are playing out at the intersection of military and commercial activity, creating an unprecedented hostile environment.
To combat these threats and protect seafaring people, property and businesses, crews need to be prepared not only with proper training and procedures, but also with potent on-board defences, advanced monitoring and, in some cases, special forces-trained security personnel.
The HRM Edge:
Tailor-Made Solutions for Vessel Security
HRM provides comprehensive vessel security services based on extensive experience in the commercial shipping and passenger sea transport industry. Each ship and voyage have their own set of security challenges. HRM’s methodical approach produces all-inclusive coverage based on both the security needs of the vessel and the vessel’s passage.
Our specialty is in providing maritime security services for commercial shipping vessels, superyachts and cruise liners transiting the high-risk areas of the Indian Ocean, the Gulf of Aden, the Red Sea and West Africa.
HRM's comprehensive core package of vessel security services is tailored to each customer's needs. Core services include:
- Provision of armed marine security and escort vessels
- Provision of personnel and equipment for threat detection
- Crew training for HRA transit
- Vessel threat assessments
- Vessel tracking
- Liaison between ship master and local government security forces
HRM also offers a range of bespoke services, including:
- Crisis response
- Kidnap and ransom response
- Security and strategy planning
- Onshore and offshore asset protection
- Casualty evacuation
- Special shipping protection solutions – addressing geopolitical and security developments
HRM is licensed and accredited according to all relevant bodies and standards, including:
- BIS Open General Trade Control (OGTCL) – Anti-Piracy licence for legal provision of maritime security services and the transfer of ammunition and weapons between ports
- ISO 9001, 28000 and 28007 accreditations
- Security providers, 100 Series (rules of use of force at sea) and HRAS (Human Rights at Sea).
- Accreditations and licences from leading Flag states